I am a licensed clinical social worker with experiences in psychotherapy. I am fluent in English and Mandarin to provide culturally competent mental health service. Born and raised in Taiwan, I came to NYC more than twenty years ago where I earned an M.S.W. (Master in Social Work) from Columbia University, School of Social Work, with an emphasis on Advanced Clinical Practice. Since then, I continued to work in a variety of clinical settings including outpatient mental health clinics, schools, community psychiatric programs, and mental health social services.
I earned clinical trainings in working with clients in relationship issues, life transitions, self-esteem, chronic medical conditions, cross-cultural issues, trauma events, employment, grief and loss. I am familiar with DSM-V psychiatric diagnosis and treatment planning to work with people in need of mental health care. As an Asian American psychotherapist, I naturally connect with immigration and acculturation issues that clients experience. And as a parent, I understand the challenge of modern parenting and can provide professional advices.
I hold private practice in Berkeley in San Francisco Bay Area. I am licensed to practice in both California and New York States.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), California #89138
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), New York State #072782
- Columbia University School of Social Work, New York, NY, 2002
- Soochow University School of Social Work, Taipei, Taiwan, 1998
PROFESSIONAL TRAINING 諮商專業訓練
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing). Completion of EMDRIA Approved EMDR Step I, II, & III trainings through the Parnell Institute which specializes in Attachment-Focused EMDR.
- Completion in Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) for Depression and Anxiety Disorder with Dr. Russ Harris via Psychwire.
- Completion in Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) with Dr. Sue Johnson via Psychwire.
- Completion in Mindfulness Fundamentals & Mindful Educator Essential at Mindful Schools, Emeryville CA.
- Certification in Field Instruction/Supervision, Columbia University School of Social Work, New York, NY.
- Trained from New York State Office of Mental Health, Evidence-Based Treatment Dissemination Center--- Parent Training for Disruptive Behavior Disorders & Coping Power Individual Child Program.
- Training in The Martha K. Selig Educational Institute. Advanced in-service training in Child, Family and Group Psychotherapy, New York, NY.
CLINICAL EXPERIENCE 臨床工作經驗
- Charles B. Wang Community Health Center, Mental Health Bridge Program, New York, NY.
- Hamilton Madison House Family Consultation Center, New York, NY.
- NYC Health + Hospital— Gouverneur Hospital Department of Psychiatry, Asian Bicultural Clinic, New York, NY.
- NYC-Stuyvesant High School school-based mental health clinic. Youth Counseling League @ Jewish Board Of Family and Children's Services , New York, NY.
- NYC Health + Hospital— Bellevue Hospital, Child & Adolescent Psychiatric Clinic, New York, NY.
- Taipei City Youth Development Office— Wan-Hua Adolescent Service Center, Taipei, Taiwan.
- The Caring Family Caregiver Association, Taipei, Taiwan.